Welcome to my page! I'll be sharing ideas about my latest book, my life as a writer-in-training, and who knows what else.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I did it. I didn’t think I had it in me. I’m not the one to take chances, really. But the inner-voice said, “Do it.” So, my hair is now red. It’s a nice red—really more auburn. My husband likes. And, it will wash out in 28 days.  Why should you care about my overly dramatic tale of me and the box of hair color? Because I think we all need to work on putting our lives into perspective.

Do you feel like you have a story inside that’s eating to get out, but you don’t take the time to peck it out on the computer? Do you want to ask someone out, but fear rejection because he/she is perceived as “out of your league”? Do you feel God calling you to do something different in your life, but you are afraid of trusting Him completely? Of course in our minds, these are all valid excuses. No one wants to fail, or be embarrassed, or disappoint our Creator. But as I see it, we don’t really live if we don’t move a little further out on the branch. We can still hold onto the trunk a little. As long as we aren’t hurting others and taking undue risks, what’s a little red hair? I figure if some ladies over the age of 85 can do it, so can I! Carpe diem! Be a little out of character this week, try something new, take a little risk. I figured since we were having my in-laws for Thanksgiving this year, I might as well go all out. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment